Kixie Always Syncs to the Contact First:
Depending on how the call was initiated, there are two ways that Kixie will find a person to sync to…
- DirectSync For click-to-calls made to a contact from inside a contact’s page, from a contact list-view, from inside your Task Queue, or from inside the Deal page, Kixie will sync the call directly to that contact.
- Normal Sync For SMS messages and calls that are made or received in any other way than above, Kixie will search your HubSpot contacts for the contact whose default phone number field(s) yields a match to the phone number, and then automatically push the call or SMS activity inside of that contact. If there are multiple contacts that yield a match, Kixie will sync to the most recently-created of those contacts.
That call activity will always look like this:
From there, Kixie will also sync that same call activity up to the contact’s company (if any) and all deals (if any).
SMS Message Integration
Kixie will utilize the Normal Sync method described above to log incoming and outgoing SMS messages into HubSpot, and it will create a Task inside the HubSpot contact like so:
Automatic Contact Creation
If you are calling/being called by a phone number that is not associated with a contact in HubSpot CRM yet, Kixie will automatically create one inside of HubSpot CRM, and sync calls to it.
*This feature may be disabled for your whole account if you so choose, inside “Manage Account” in the kixie.com dashboard.
Automatic Open Call Task Completion
For all the calls you make, Kixie will look for the oldest call task on the contact you're calling, and mark it as complete once the call is over. More details on this here.
Using Custom Phone Fields with Kixie
Kixie can sync calls with Hubspot custom phone number fields. In order to do this, the phone number field must:
- Initially, contain "phone" (or "Phone")
- After initial setup of the "phone" field, you can modify the name to whatever you would like.
How Can I Migrate My Existing Phone Number Data to New Custom Fields Containing Phone?
We can do this with a Hubspot workflow. In this example, I'll arbitrarily call the phone fields Old Custom Field and New Custom Phone Field
- Create a new property in Hubspot containing "phone" in the name (see above for example). We'll make a new field called New Custom Phone Field.
- Start a new Contact-based Hubspot workflow from scratch.
- Under Trigger, set the enrollment trigger to Contact Properties > select the name of your old field > trigger when the field is known. For our example, we'll select the Old Custom Field > is known.
- Before saving, click the Re-enrollment tab, check Allow Contacts who Meet the Trigger Criteria to ReEnroll and check (your old field name) Old Custom Field is known
- As the action, select Copy Property Value from Old Custom Field to New Custom Phone Field
- When prompted, manually enroll all existing contacts in the workflow.
- All phone numbers listed in the Old Custom Field should now be copied to the New Custom Phone Field.
For Kixie-HubSpot Best Practices, complete with a video demo, click here!