Here's a Video Walkthrough for the New Kixie PowerCall Dialer:
PLEASE NOTE: To text US Numbers, you MUST include the 1 before the number!
Step by step instructions to guide you through setting up Kixie on your computer.
(Need to add the new agent first? See this article: How to Add a New Agent in Kixie)
Logging into Kixie
- Open a new tab in Google Chrome. (If you do not have Chrome, you can download it for free here.)
- Go to app.kixie.com/login
- Log in with your username and password. Your username is the email you signed up for Kixie with. (If you don't remember your password, simply click the Forgot/Change Password link and enter your email. A link to reset your password will be sent to your email. If you don't see the reset password email, check your spam – it sometimes ends up there.)
- Once you've logged in, you'll arrive at the Kixie Dashboard.
Adding your new Kixie phone number
- Click on "My Profile" in the menu on the left side of the page
- Then click on the "Numbers" tab
- To add your new phone number for Kixie, click "+ ADD"
- Enter the area code you want for your number.
- Click "Search for Number"
- Select a number from the list of available numbers by clicking "Buy". (Even though it says $1 for the price of the number, each user on Kixie gets one local US/Canada number for free. This charge is automatically waived. There is a maximum of two free numbers on the free trial.) This will be the number you use to make/receive calls and send/receive text messages with Kixie.
- Finally click on "Edit," set your Outbound Caller ID to your new phone number, and click "Save".
Installing the PowerCall Dialer
- The next step is to install the Kixie PowerCall dialer on your Chrome browser. Click "Install PowerCall Dialer" at the bottom of the menu on the left side of the dashboard, which will open a new tab where you can install the dialer from the Chrome web store. Click "Add to Chrome" and click through the dialog box that pops up.
The Kixie Dialer will open automatically after it's installed, which takes only a few seconds. Log in to the dialer using the same email and password you used for the dashboard, and click "Allow microphone access" when prompted. (Hit "Block" by accident? See this article)
- Set up your audio device: make sure your headset is plugged in and turned on. You will be automatically prompted to select an audio device after you login to the dialer for the first time. If you don't see your headset in the list of devices, click the "Refresh List" button. (Note: We strongly recommend using a headset that connects to your computer via a wired USB connection or a USB Bluetooth dongle. Don't have a headset? See our list of recommended headsets here.)
- Once your audio is set to your headset, click through to the next screen. You can now start making calls. Below is a diagram of the various dialer functions and features:
Additional Setup Guides:
- Connecting your CRM
- Setting up your voicemail
- Creating Voicemail Drops and SMS Templates (Enterprise/Professional plan only)
- Utilizing Connection Boost (add-on to the Enterprise/Professional plan)
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Kixie Automations
- New User Setup Guide
- How to Connect your CRM
- How to Transfer / Conference 3-Way Call Using the Kixie Dialer
- How does SMS Work?
- How Do SMS Templates Work?
- Voicemail Drop: How does Voicemail Drop (VM Drop) Work?
- How do I change my Outbound Caller ID Phone Number?
- How Call Coaching Works
- Kixie Connect: How to use your cell phone or existing phone service with Kixie