Replacing a User:
Replacing rather than deleting a user is the most seamless way to go about dealing with turnover. Always replace a user, rather than delete the old user & add the new user, since adding a new user always generates a pro-rated charge.
Using an admin or manager account, log in to Kixie.com,
- Navigate to "Manage Agents" and click on the agent you want to replace.
- Then click "Edit".
- *IMPORTANT* Change the old user information to the new user information. DO NOT click save.
- Then click "Save & Replace Agent" once you have completed entering in the new information.
- The new agent will acquire the direct number, caller ID, ring group placement(s), and devices of the old, and will be automatically e-mailed a setup guide for them to download Kixie and pair up their CRM.
Deactivating a User (and replacing the user later):
If you want to "deactivate" a user to revoke their access to Kixie and then replace them later, the recommended method is to change their email like this: change email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org and hit "Save and Replace". Then go and replace email@example.com with a new user when the time comes.
Deleting a User:
You should only do this if you're confident that this user account is not going to be replaced by another user, prior to your next bill-date.
Deleting a user can be done in your admin portal as well. Please note that IVR/group placement will be lost when you delete as opposed to replacing a user.
And please note: there are no prorated refunds when you delete a user.
Go to Manage Agents > Click on the Agent you want to delete > Edit > Click Delete Agent. This is permanent and non-reversible.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Kixie New Admin Tutorial
- Manager Dashboard: What is Manage Account Used For?
- Kixie Dashboard Access for Manager & Admin Profiles
- TCPA and Two-Party Consent Compliance
- Creating an Automation Cadence
- How to Add an Agent in Kixie
- International Calling & List of Blocked Countries
- Replacing Vs. Deleting Users
- Setting Up Custom Call Dispositions(Call Outcomes)
- How to Block a Number