Background noise stems from a poor quality microphone.
HOW DO I FIX THE BACKGROUND NOISE?
Use a Headset with a Noise Cancelling Mic
Use a high quality headset with a noise cancelling microphone
- Do not use your computer's built in microphone/speakers
On Mac, Make Sure to Use a Properly Powered Headset
Check to make sure your headsets are compatible with Apple products.
Go to System Preferences → Sound → Input tab.
If your computer is picking up the microphone from your headset, it should read “External Microphone”:
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Experiencing Call Quality Issues?
- Ideal Conditions for the Kixie Dialer
- Kixie PowerCall Dialer Audio Settings
- Network and Firewall Setup for Kixie
- What kind of headsets are recommended for Kixie?
- Archived Call Recordings: Error 403 Forbidden
- Call Drops
- Choppy Voice
- Common Microphone Issue with Mac Computers
- Common Microphone Issue with Windows Computers