You must have at least the Salesforce Professional edition with API integration, otherwise Kixie's integration with Salesforce will not work.
See here for Salesforce admin integration setup instructions (10 min.)
First, Kixie Syncs Activities at the Lead/Contact Level:
Kixie automatically syncs activities to the lead or contact that the Kixie user click-to-called from, or in the case of an inbound call, manual dial or SMS, it syncs to the lead/contact that is associated with the phone number.
The Call activity (completed task, type: Call) we create inside the lead or contact looks like this:
The SMS activity we create inside the lead or contact looks like this:
From there, Kixie will sync that same activity up to the account and opportunity level, if in fact the contact is associated with any, in the following manner:
Syncing at the Account Level:
The same activity will sync to the account if one is associated with the contact.
Syncing at the Opportunity Level:
Kixie will sync to the most recent opportunity that is associated with the contact.
What if there are multiple leads/contacts with the same number?
For an inbound call, manual dial or SMS, in the event of multiple leads/contacts with the same number, Kixie will sync the activity to the last referenced lead/contact, with preference given to the contact level if there are both leads and contacts with that number.
Automatic Lead Creation
If you are calling/being called by a phone number that is not associated with a lead or contact in Salesforce yet, Kixie will automatically create a lead inside of Salesforce w/ that number, and sync all subsequent call activity to that lead, all of which will be maintained upon that lead’s conversion into a contact.
*This feature may be disabled for your whole account if you so choose.
The Kixie PowerCall®
The Kixie PowerCall is a phenomenal sales tool. It functions as an enhanced, Salesforce-driven caller ID, as well as a shortcut into Salesforce. See this article for a more in-depth look at the ideal utilization of this key Kixie feature. It provides four basic opportunities for your salesperson on a given call:
- View the lead/contact's basic Salesforce information as well as the most recent opportunity (with direct links to access them)
- Edit the Salesforce lead/contact's basic information
- Compose a note that will sync to the lead/contact
- the note will also sync to the contact's associated opportunity
- Log an Outcome (disposition) which will log as an activity type: Disposition
- disposition activities will sync just like phone calls do (lead/contact->account->opportunity)
- a best practice with this outcomes (dispositions) is to create Salesforce workflow rules that trigger when the dispositions are logged, which send emails, update fields, and/or send text messages automatically.
- Schedule a future activity with the Salesforce lead/contact
This functionality lends itself especially well to list-view dialing, as well as when you are receiving incoming calls.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Enable Click to Call with Salesforce
- Salesforce Workflow: Auto-SMS and Auto-Call
- Setting up Salesforce for Kixie
- Setting up Salesforce for Call Dispositions
- Setting Up Salesforce for SMS Message Integration
- How Kixie’s Salesforce Integration Works
- Removing CTI (Vonage, RingCentral, etc...) from SalesForce