What is a CTI and why it is important
CTI, which stands for Computer Telephony Integration, is a common name for any technology that allows interactions on a telephone and a computer to be integrated or coordinated. The term is predominantly used to describe desktop-based interaction for helping users be more efficient, though it can also refer to server-based functionality such as automatic call routing.
Service providers such as Vonage and RingCentral utilize a CTI to integrate with SalesForce. This CTI MUST be removed from SalesForce in order for Kixie Click-to-Call to work within SalesForce. However, certain providers such as RingCentral do not automatically remove the CTI when uninstalling the "app package". This will require a manual update of the default soft phone and removal of the CTI.
How to remove CTI in Salesforce
- From the SF Home Page, click on the “Setup” link in the top right hand corner.
- In the “Quick Find / Search” bar on the left, type in “SoftPhone Layouts” and then
click on the “Softphone Layouts” link that appears under Build > Customize > Call Center>SoftPhone Layouts.
- On the SoftPhone Layouts page, click on the “Edit” action next to the “Default
- On the SoftPhone Layout Edit page for the Default Softphone, check the “Is
Default Layout” box, and then press “Save”. If a Default Softphone layout is not
present, click “New” to create one and save it as the Default layout.
- In the “Quick Find / Search” bar on the left, type in “Installed Packages” and then
click on the “Installed Packages” link that appears under Build > Installed
- Scroll down to the “Vonage Connect” package, and click on the “Uninstall” link.
- On the “Uninstalling a Package” page that appears, scroll down to the bottom
and check the following options:
a. “Do not save a copy of this package’s data after uninstall”
i. Click on “OK” when the warning pops up
b. “Yes, I want to uninstall this package and permanently delete all
c. Then, press the “Uninstall” button at the bottom of the page
The package will take a few minutes to uninstall, and should be displayed in an
uninstalled packages section at the bottom of the page when the uninstall is