Make sure you read this guide on SMS Best Practices to Avoid Being Blocked/Flagged
Question: What is an SMS template?
- Put simply, an SMS template is a generic pre-made message that can be sent to customers through Kixie.
Question: Does it make sense for me to use SMS templates?
- If you find that you are sending the same message over and over to customers via SMS (e.g. "Hey, please call me back when you get the chance at..." or "Sorry, I can't talk right now..."), then you would benefit from SMS templates.
Question: Can I use placeholder text with SMS templates e.g." Hi [John Doe], are you still interested"?
- Yep! Kixie offers automatic placeholder for first name and last name
- first name: [fname]
- last name: [lname]
SETTING UP YOUR SMS TEMPLATE(S):
Setting up your SMS template is quick and easy! Just complete the following steps:
- Access your Kixie Dashboard by logging into your Kixie.com.
- Select My Profile tab (on the left-hand side).
- Select SMS Templates tab (on the far right-hand side).
- Select the blue "Add New" button.
- Name your template.
- Enter SMS template message in the Template field (470-512 character limit).
- Select the blue "Submit" button.
Note: Once an SMS template is created, you should see it populate in the table below.
USING YOUR SMS TEMPLATE(S):
Save time and increase contact by using your SMS templates. Just complete the following steps:
- With your Kixie PowerCall dialer open and updated, click the SMS icon (message bubble on the right of the dial-pad icon).
- Enter the number that you would like to use in the Number field.
- Click on the "Choose your option" box to view the drop-down menu containing your SMS templates. (Note: if you do not see your template, please refresh your PowerCall dialer)
- Select the desired SMS template.
- Click the "Send SMS" button.
Voila! You've now know how to successfully create and send messages with an SMS template. Happy Messaging!