The Agent Status page, found under the Reporting section of the Kixie dashboard for Managers, is a Workforce Management tool to help understand how agents are spending their time during, after, and in-between calls. This allows Managers to allocate resources and coach their teams based on performance by both individual agents and entire Teams.
How to setup the Agent Status page
No setup is required to see Workforce Management information on the Agent Status page. If you have Teams setup on your account, you’ll be able to toggle a dropdown at the top of the page to filter by Team, but you can always leave the dropdown at its default setting of “All Teams” which will show all agents on your account regardless of whether or not they are on a Team.
Understanding the information on the Agent Status page
While viewing the Agent Status page, you’ll see both a graph at the top of the screen along with a table of information below.
The graph is a visual representation of an individual metric which can be toggled via the dropdown at the top of the page (to the right of the Team dropdown). There are two sections of metrics: Status and Call Metrics. Status represents the length of time agents were in a given call status, like actively handling a call or on do-not-disturb. Call Metrics represent Workforce Management data around the number of calls handled as well as the average amount of time agents spent in various call states.
- Call Handling - The length of time agents spent handling a call (while the phone was ringing, while the conversation was actively occurring, and time spent after the call ended when agents were wrapping up by leaving notes or scheduling follow-ups for a given contact)
- Logged In - The length of time agents spent logged into the Powercall extension
- Idle - The length of time agents spent logged in but not actively handling a call and were available to take/make calls
- DND - The length of time agents spend logged in but were not available to take/make calls because they were set to do-not-disturb
- Calls Handled - The total number of calls handled by agents
- A “handled call” is an inbound or outbound call that is successfully answered. This can include calls that are answered by a human agent, as well as calls that are answered by an automated system such as a voicemail or phone tree.
- Avg Speed to Answer - The average length of time it took agents to answer calls after their Powercall extension started ringing
- Avg Call Length - The average duration a call lasted from the time it was answered to the time the call ended. This excludes speed to answer and after call work and can be viewed as the length of the active conversation.
- Avg After Call Work - The average duration agents spent “wrapping up” after a call ended e.g. adding notes, editing details, scheduling follow-ups, and logging an outcome. This is calculated by tracking activity in Powercall on the following tabs (additionally, see the image below from PowerCall):
- Call Info
- Send SMS
- Avg Handle Time - The average duration agents spent handling calls altogether. This is the sum of the duration for Speed to Answer, Call Length and After Call Work. This lets you know how long agents spent on a call from the moment it rang to the moment they finished wrapping up the call.
The table below the graph consists of rows for every agent on the selected Team (all agents are shown when “All Teams” is selected) and columns for all of the Statuses and Metrics listed in the section above. This allows you to view and compare all metrics side-by-side.
Use the CSV button to export the data shown on the page, and use the Search bar to filter results by agent email.