A call queue places incoming calls in line to be answered while agents are busy with other calls. The queued calls are distributed to the next available agent in the order received. After they have been created, they can be assigned to specific Teams and configured to feature greetings, in queue options, and hold music.
This guide will help you become familiar with Kixie's Call Queues. We will guide you through a step by step process to get you using your first Call Queue. Let's get Started!
Step 1: Creating a Team for your Call Queue
The first thing you'll need to do is create a Team of users to assign to your call queue (if you have not already done so). To create a Team, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the "Teams" menu in your Kixie Dashboard
- In the Teams menu select Add New
- Assign a name to the team and select Submit
- After selecting Submit you will be taken to the General Settings for that team
- Inside the General Settings, click the Add New button to add the specific agents you would like assigned to the team
- Select Save Changes and you are ready to move onto the next step
Step 2: Creating your new Call Queue
Now that you have created your Team of agents, you are ready to build your first Call Queue. To create a Call Queue, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the "Queues" menu in your Kixie Dashboard
- In the Queues menu select "Add New"
- Assign a name to the Queue and default email address (This is where voicemail emails will be delivered) then select Submit
- After selecting Submit you will be taken to the settings options for that Queue
- Inside the settings menu for you Queue, you see 3 sections. The General Settings, Messages and Queue Members sections. We will address each section below:
The General Settings section allows you to configure how you would like your queue to operate
- Queue Name: The assigned name for the queue
- Send Voicemail to: Indicates the email(s) you would like voicemail emails sent to
- Max Hold Time: Indicates the maximum amount of time you would like to caller to wait in the queue before going to the "No Answer" action
- Agent Ring Time: Indicates the time you want each available agent to ring before the queue finds another agent to send the call to
- Play Est. Wait Time: Allows you toggle on/off the estimated wait time / Position in the queue message. (Note: estimated wait time is an average based off of the last 5 calls)
- In Queue Options: Allows you to toggle on/off the in queue IVR options.
- Leave a voicemail: Allows the caller to press 2 to navigate directly to leave a voicemail
- Request Callback: Allows the caller to Press 1 to schedule a callback automatically when they are the next caller in the queue (Example: If caller is number 10 in the queue and they request callback. The call will disconnect on the callers ends but will remain in the Kixie queue. When they are next in the queue an available agent will automatically place an outbound call to the caller)
- No Answer Action: This allows you to set what action you would like to have occur after the caller reaches the Max Hold Time.
The Messages sections allows you to configure the different messages you can use for your queue
- Queue Greeting Type: Sets the greeting for callers coming into the queue. This allows you to choose the type of greeting you would like (None, Text-to-Speech, MP3, Record Now)
- Queue Greeting: Allows you to type in your greeting or upload an MP3 file
- Queue Voicemail & Voicemail Type: Allows you to setup the voicemail greeting for your queue
- Queue Hold Music: Allows you to upload an MP3 of your hold music that the caller will nhear while waiting in the queue
Allows you to use to assign a Team of agents you would like to assign to the queue
Step 3: Adding a Team(s)
Now that you have a customized you are queue you are ready to assign your Team of agents to the queue.
- In your queue settings, locate the "Members" section
- To add a Team, select the "Add" button
- A pop-up window will appear that will allow you to search & select your desired Team(s)
- After you have selected your desire Teams in the pop-up, click "Add" to assign the Team(s) to the queue
Step 4: Adding your Queue to an IVR or Assigning a Phone Number
Great! You have successfully created your Call Queue. Now, you have to decided how callers will get to your queue. You can either have you queue assigned to an IVR or attach a phone number to your queue
Assign to IVR:
- Navigate to the IVR menu
- Select your desired IVR or Create a new IVR
- In the selected IVR settings either add a new option or edit a current option
- In the Action Type select "Queue" and then select your desired Call Queue
Assign a Phone Number:
- Navigate to the "Numbers" menu
- Select your desired Number or Create a new Number
- In the "Number for" field select "Queue" and then choose your desired Call Queue
Congratulations! You have built a new Call Queue! You will now be able to better manage your inbound calls and provide a better experience for your callers.