Kixie requires no setup fees and is preceded by a fully-supported free 7-day trial. As such, you can cancel your account or delete user seats at any time, but we do not offer any refunds of subscription costs once they have been successfully charged. We believe our product should help you sell more or we do not deserve your business going forward.
Every time you are charged, we will send you a receipt to the billing email address you have on file.
Since there are no refunds after a bill goes through, it is your responsibility to cancel your account or delete user seats in advance to avoid being billed for any unwanted active user seats on your next subscription bill date.
Kixie offers different types of payment terms depending on your team size and plan. For more information on our payment terms, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you sign up for a paid plan, your bill date will be set to the current day and you will automatically be billed on the same day every billing cycle. If you add your credit card but do not select a plan for yourself, your user account will be defaulted to the Professional pay-per-minute plan.
When you add an additional user to your account, you will be charged a prorated amount through the end of your account bill cycle right away, and you'll be invoiced for the additional user regularly along with the rest of the account thereafter.
To view your account's bill cycle, see when your next subscription bill date is, view past invoices and more, log in to Kixie.com->Billing.
Replacing vs. Adding Users
In order to avoid prorated charges for additional users, always look to replace agents before adding new ones.
By the same token, it is recommended not to delete "old" users until right before your next bill date, so that you have the option to replace them with a new agent and avoid a prorated charge.
To view your account's current billing details, log in to kixie.com->billing.
The Reserve Balance: Minutes and SMS
When you first submit your credit card for billing, you will also be invoiced a $15 reserve charge to fund your reserve balance. Charged separately from your regular subscription, this is your prepaid bank account for your non-unlimited-minute phone call minutes and SMS usage costs. It also acts as security deposit for your account that ensures your account does not get disabled if your credit card is ever declined.
The minutes reserve balance must be funded at the beginning of your account, whether your users are all on the unlimited minutes plan or not.
- Per-Minute Users: If you have users on the per-minute plan, they get their first 300 standard rate code minutes free (standard rate code means $0.02/min and under). After they have gone through the 300 free minutes, or whenever they make a call that costs more than $0.02/min, the cost of their calls will deduct from the minutes reserve balance.
- Unlimited Minutes Users: If you have users on the unlimited minutes plan, only calls that cost more than $0.02/minute will deduct from the minutes reserve balance.
- if a user makes more than 1 hour per business day of phone calls to rate codes under $0.02/minute, then the unlimited plan would save you money on their account
- SMS Messaging: The cost of SMS messages will deduct from the minutes reserve balance.
- For US/Canada, standard SMS rates are .7 cents per outbound text, or $7 per 1,000 texts, while inbound texts are free.
The reserve balance amount lasts the lifetime of your account, and initially by default it is set to $15 (or more depending on activity level and plan selection).
As soon as your balance dips below $10, you will be recharged your reserve amount.
If your card fails and your minutes reserve reaches $0, your account will be automatically disabled.
- To give yourself a larger buffer against deactivation, as well as change the amount you will be recharged and when, log into kixie.com->billing.
To view the total amount that any one of your calls cost, log in to kixie.com->call history.
Credit Card Failure Policy:
If your credit card on file fails to process, you have 7 days from the first failed date to resolve your overdue payment before your account is cancelled. In order for us to reactivate your account after cancellation, we will charge a 1-month service fee (based on your number of users and level of service at the time of the first credit card failure).
Annual Contract and Annual Bill Cycle Options:
For annual contract and annual bill cycle payment options to save 10% and 15% off your users' subscription costs, please see here.
Upon cancellation, all phone numbers will be released, and all users and settings will be erased, and kixie.com dashboard access disabled.
In order to cancel your account and stop billing, you must complete our cancellation exit survey. It is not sufficient to merely request cancellation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to start the cancellation process.
For further questions about billing, also please email email@example.com.
You can also refer to our pricing page for more information about specific rate codes.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How does Kixie's billing work?
- Kixie Billing: Annual Contracts and Annual Bill Cycles
- What is Kixie's Refund and Cancellation Policy?
- What is the Minutes Reserve Charge?
- How does Kixie's Unlimited Minutes Dialing Plan Work?
- Advanced Pricing - Per Minute Call Rates, SMS, and Numbers
- Can I Put My Account on Hold?
- Porting Out of Kixie
- How do I cancel my service?
- How do I reactivate my Kixie account?