Note: that this process will reboot your router - which will temporarily take your internet connection and phone service offline.
We recommend doing this in an off-peak period or outside of business hours.
Disabling SIP ALG with a Netgear Router
- Open the Router's Configuration Page
- http://192.168.0.1 by default
- Log in to the router - The default login is admin / admin
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Navigate to Setup > WAN Setup on the Menu
- Tick the “Disable SIP ALG" option
- Click Apply
- Reboot the Router
- Test your internet connection to see when the connection comes back online.