TP-Link (User Interface Guide)
Note: that as this process may temporarily interrupt your internet connection and phone service, we recommend doing this in an off-peak period or outside of business hours.
- From the router's menu, select Network > ALG Settings. On some firmware versions, this has moved to Advanced > NAT Forwarding > ALG
- Under Application Layer Gateway (ALG), find SIP ALG and check Disable. Click save and, if prompted, restart your router.
TP-Link Disable SIP ALG (CLI: Command Line Interface Guide)
- Press the Windows Logo Key +"R" Key on the Keyboard at the same time or click on Start button->Run to open Run program.
- Type in cmd in the open bar and click OK
- Type in "telnet 192.168.1.1" (192.168.1.1 is the default IP Address of the modem router, if you have changed it, please type in the matched IP) and press Enter.
- The telnet command may not be enabled by default, please click on Start Button->Control Panel->Programs-> Programs And Features->Turn Windows features on or off, then check Telnet Client and hit OK to enable telnet command
- In the telnet page, type in the username and password for the modem router (both are admin by default) and press Enter.
- Type in command sh and press Enter.
- Type in the following commands:
And press Enter.
- All of the above settings are temporary. Once you restart or reset the modem, the SIP ALG will be turned back on.
- You may try the lsmod command to check if the SIP ALG is turned off or not.
- When SIP ALG is on, the status for the following sip items will show live:
After the SIP ALG is disabled, you may not find the corresponding sip items.
- If you want to Enable SIP ALG by telnet again, you may type in the following commands by turn:
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Disable SIP ALG
- Disable SIP ALG - ASUS Router
- Disable SIP ALG - Linksys Router
- Disable SIP ALG - Netgear Router
- Disable SIP ALG - Sonicwall Router
- Disable SIP ALG - Ubiquiti EdgeRouter
- Disable SIP ALG - Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway/USG/UNMS
- Disable SIP ALG for D-Link Router
- Disable SIP ALG for TP-Link Router (User Interface and CLI)
- Disable SIP ALG When Experiencing Voice Call Issues