How does the Integration between Kixie and Insightly CRM work?
Kixie's integration with Insightly CRM allows customers to automatically log their Kixie calls, SMS, dispositions, and notes to the correct Insightly CRM Contact record and any associated Deals.
Kixie Syncs Activities at the Contact level in Insightly CRM.
Phone Call and SMS Activities log as Activities in Insightly CRM.
Dispositions and Notes log as Notes.
Syncing to Associated Deals
When an activity is synced to a Contact the activity is also synced to the Most Recent Open Deal in Insightly CRM.
The Kixie PowerCall®
The Kixie PowerCall functions as an enhanced, Insightly CRM-driven caller ID, as well as a shortcut into Insightly CRM.
- Insightly CRM-driven Caller ID: View the Insightly CRM Contact that's calling you, and click to open their contact page in a new tab
- Edit the Insightly CRM Contact’s basic information while you're on a call, like name and email address
- Log a Call Outcome with notes
- Schedule a future Call Activity with the Insightly CRM Contact
Where does Kixie log calls to Insightly CRM?
Phone Call Activities will log as an "Activity" in Insightly CRM.
Pertinent call details about the call such as the duration, the call recording URL, and the phone numbers will be stored in the Activity Body.
Where does Kixie log SMS to Insightly CRM?
Text Message (SMS) Activities will log as a "Note" in Insightly CRM.
Pertinent details about the call such as the message itself and the direction of the text will be stored in the Note Body.
Where does Kixie log Dispositions to Insightly CRM?
Call Dispositions (also known as Call Outcomes) will log as a separate "Note" from the call activity itself in Insightly CRM.
Pertinent details about the Outcome such as the selected disposition and any call notes will be logged in the Note Body.
Where does Kixie log Call Notes to Insightly CRM?
Kixie will log Call Notes to as a "Note" in Insightly CRM that is appended to the disposition selected for a call.
How does Kixie know which Contact in Insightly CRM to log an activity to?
Kixie searches the Insightly CRM contact records by phone number to find the right contact record to log the activity to. In case there is a duplicate record, Kixie will return the most recently created contact record.
Does Kixie log to my Deal records in Insightly CRM?
Technically Kixie logs activitues as Notes on the Contact record. The Note will be availabel to all Deals assocatied wiht the Contact record in Insightly CRM.
Does Kixie log to my Company records in Insightly CRM?
Insightly CRM does not have a notion of companies. Kixie will only log to a Contact and the Contact's associated deals.
How do I know which Agent logged a call or SMS in Insightly CRM?
You can see which agent performed an activity by reviewing the Note in the Insightly CRM.
What if the Contact isn’t in my CRM or calls from a different phone number?
If a Contact cannot be found in the Insightly CRM because either the contact does not exist or the contact is using a different phone number then Kixie can create a contact in Insightly CRM for you. This setting can be update for your account in the Kixie dashboard.
Can Kixie log calls to Contacts using a custom phone number field?
Kixie cannot search Insightly CRM using custom phone fields which means Kixie cannot log calls to contacts with phone numbers in a custom phone field.
What Kixie processes constitute a two-way sync with Insightly CRM?
Kixie can create the following items in Insightly CRM:
- Call activities
- SMS activities
- Call Dispositions
- Notes about the contact
- Scheduled Activities wiht the contact
- New Contacts
What Kixie activities can be triggered from Insightly CRM:
- Display Contact details in PowerCall
- Trigger a call via zapier
- Trigger a SMS via zapier
Will Kixie be my friend?
Yes! We love you.
Kixie Always Syncs to the Lead/Contact First:
Depending on how the call was initiated, there are two ways that Kixie will find a person to sync to…
- DirectSync: For click-to-calls made to a lead/contact from inside a lead/contact’s page, or from a lead/contact list-view, Kixie will sync the call directly to that lead/contact.
- Normal Sync: For SMS messages, and phone calls that are made or received in any other way than above, Kixie will search your Insightly CRM contacts for the lead/contact whose default phone number field(s) yields a match to the phone number, and then automatically push the call or SMS activity inside of that contact. If there are multiple leads/contacts that yield a match, Kixie will sync to the oldest one, with priority given to contacts.
Automatic Lead Creation
If you are calling/being called by a phone number that is not associated with a contact in Insightly CRM yet, Kixie will automatically create one inside of Insightly CRM, and sync calls to it.
*This feature may be disabled for your whole account if you so choose, inside “Manage Account” in the kixie.com dashboard.
The Kixie PowerCall and Insightly CRM
The Kixie PowerCall is a phenomenal sales tool. It functions as an enhanced, Insightly CRM-driven caller ID, as well as a shortcut into Insightly CRM.
All actions taken inside the PowerCall will sync in the manner described above. Here are the actions you can take:
- View the person’s basic Insightly CRM information, and click directly into the lead/contact.
- Edit the contact’s basic information in Insightly CRM
- Compose a note or call disposition that logs inside the lead/contact.
- Schedule a future activity (like a follow-up call) that logs inside the lead/contact
This functionality lends itself especially well to contact list-view dialing, as well as when you are receiving incoming calls.