OPTION 1 - The Direct Transfer Method (transferring/3-way calling only to internal Kixie users) also known as a "Cold Transfer"
1. Open up the Directory in Kixie PowerCall, and if an agent is available (blue circle), you can click the blue arrow to initiate a transfer to them. Please note: the agent must appear blue ("Available") in the directory to receive a call transfer.
2. You'll then see a green "Transfer in Progress" banner. You must wait for the transferee to pick up before you hangup; there are no direct transfers to voicemail.
OPTION 2 - The Hold Transfer Method (for transferring/3-way calling to non-Kixie phone numbers) also known as a "Hot Transfer"
1. Press the "Hold" button. The call will go on hold, and you will see "Held Call 1" appear at the bottom.
2. Then dial the phone number of the person (e.g. +14248003332) you want to transfer to. You must wait for the transferee to pick up, there are no transfers to voicemail.
- If you cannot reach the first person you want to transfer to, you can hang up and try other extensions/numbers. The customer will remain on hold as you do.
4. Hangup to leave the conference and complete the transfer, or stay on the line for a 3 way call!
Was this article helpful?
4 out of 5 found this helpful
Articles in this section
- Kixie Automations
- New User Setup Guide
- How to Connect your CRM
- How to Transfer / Conference 3-Way Call Using the Kixie Dialer
- How does SMS Work?
- How Do SMS Templates Work?
- Voicemail Drop: How does Voicemail Drop (VM Drop) Work?
- How do I change my Outbound Caller ID Phone Number?
- How Call Coaching Works
- Kixie Connect: How to use your cell phone or existing phone service with Kixie