Updating Chrome, removing your dialer extension, clearing your cache and then reinstalling your dialer can help fix a lot of issues with your dialer! Here are directions on how to do so:
First, make sure your Chrome is up to date by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner of a Chrome browser > Help > About Google Chrome to force an update.
Now we will begin by removing your dialer. Make sure to follow this order for best results!
1. Right click on Kixie PowerCall Dialer Chrome Extension
2. Select Remove from Chrome
NOTE: If you do NOT see the K in your Chrome toolbar, please click the 'puzzle piece' to go to your Chrome Extensions > Click the three dots to the right of Kixie Dialer > Click Remove from Chrome. Please see the below screenshot:
Now you want to clear your cache, cookies & hosted app data for all time.
1. Copy and paste this into your Chrome browser: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
2. Go to Advanced on the top of the pop up. Select "Cookies and other site data", "Cached Images & Files", and "Hosted App Data", and set the timeframe to "All-Time". See images below.
3. Select "Clear Data".
4. Click CRTL+F5 (PC) or CMD+SHIFT+R (Mac) to hard refresh your Chrome browser. This will not affect your settings or files.
Lastly, you will want to reinstall your dialer!
Re-add your Kixie PowerCall dialer by logging in to your Kixie.com dashboard and selecting "Install Kixie PowerCall Dialer" at the bottom of the left hand side menu. You can also click this link here to go straight to the Kixie dialer on the Chrome store: click here. Press "Add to Chrome" and the dialer should pop up after you do so!
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to Update Chrome, Clear Your Cache & Reinstall Your Dialer
- How Local Presence Dialing Works
- Kixie SMS Pricing
- Resolving the "Lost Connection: Reconnecting to Resolve" Error Message
- Advanced Troubleshooting of Kixie UI Issues
- Kixie PowerCall Dialer appearing in Full Screen
- Why does another Kixie account (e.g. my co-worker's) get logged off when I log in to mine?
- Understanding Dialer Error Messaging