Regarding Compliance with the TCPA or Two-Party consent laws governing call recordings, please see Kixie's Terms and pay particular attention to our Usage Policy.
Kixie is a calling platform that offers users the ability to place outbound calls via click-to-call, manual dial, powerlist/powerdial (with multi-line options), or call automations triggered by events in your CRM or elsewhere. Kixie does not offer the functionality to "robodial" using randomly or sequentially generated numbers.
If your goal is to remain as compliant as possible above all other concerns, Kixie would recommend that your turn "Record Calls" OFF in the Kixie dashboard under Manage->Account->Options, and only utilize click-to-call and/or manual dialing for outbound calls.
However, if you'd like to utilize call recordings and call automations with Kixie, here are a few simple suggestions to help you remain compliant.
1. If you are going to utilize outbound call automations with Kixie (i.e. auto-calls triggered by workflows in your CRM or elsewhere), you can ensure that your reps must still manually assent to the outbound call before it dials out. To ensure this, in the Kixie dashboard under Manage->Account->Options, turn "Auto Answer Call Event" OFF.
2. For Two-Party Consent Compliance in the United States, you can turn on "Two-Party" mode for your outbound call recordings, which will automatically not record outbound calls made to numbers with US area codes in Two-Party Consent states. Other outbound calls will still record.
For inbound call recordings, you can record greeting messages for your inbound lines which state that the call will be recorded for quality assurance before the call is routed. To ensure this, in the Kixie dashboard navigate into any/all ring groups, queues, IVRs or agent direct lines, and insert a custom greeting message within their settings.
Again, please re-read Kixie's Terms and pay particular attention to our Usage Policy.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to Add Converstation Intelligence
- Best Practices for Managing Holiday Hours
- Kixie Authentication Overview
- Onboarding Checklist
- How to Add a New Agent in the Kixie Dashboard
- Manager Dashboard: What is Manage Account Used For?
- Kixie Dashboard Access for Manager & Admin Profiles
- TCPA and Two-Party Consent Compliance
- Creating an Automation Cadence
- International Calling & List of Blocked Countries