Using Kixie on Microsoft Edge browser
Kixie's flagship product is the PowerCall Chrome extension, and while Microsoft Edge allows for the use of Chrome extensions, including Kixie's PowerCall dialer, it is not recommended to use Kixie with Edge.
The Kixie dialer, like most Chrome extensions, is not optimized for Microsoft Edge. If you have Microsoft Edge as your default browser and have been using Kixie, there are a few sporadic issues that you are likely to encounter.
These issues can include but are not limited to:
- Automatic previous number redial
- Audio Connection issues (Headset is connected but callers cannot hear you on the line)
- Dialer showing blank
- Settings icon not showing
- Call Dispositions pop-up not staying on the dialer screen
If you have been experiencing any issues with Kixie on a Windows computer, first check to see if Kixie is installed on Edge. If it is, uninstall it on Edge and then reinstall it on your Chrome browser. It is also recommended as a best practice to make Chrome your default browser so Edge does not open on startup or when clicking a link from for email.
The video at the end of this article shows how to do this, or you can follow the steps below as listed:
- Make sure that you have Microsoft Edge open.
- Click on the three dots at the top right hand side and click down to extensions. Once there, under Kixie, click "remove" and close out of Edge.
- Open Google Chrome, or download it if you have not yet. Once there, search for Kixie in the Google Chrome Store. Add this to your chrome.
- To make Kixie more accessible for the future we recommend that make chrome your default browser, click on the puzzle piece icon in the top right hand corner, and then click on the pin next to the Kixie "K" to pin it to your chrome toolbar. Then in the future, you will only have to click on the "K" whenever you want to pull the extension up.
Kixie appearing in full screen on Windows tablets
If Windows is in Tablet Mode, Kixie will automatically populate to Full Screen when opened. In Tablet mode Kixie is considered a new application, so similar to your phone/tablet it will open it in fullscreen mode.
Please follow these steps to resolve this:
1) Click on the Action Center icon in the taskbar notification area:
2) At the bottom of the Action Center, click on the Tablet mode button to toggle it on (blue) or off (gray) for what you want.
After you have switched your computer from tablet mode to desktop mode, bring up your Kixie PowerCall Dialer and adjust it to the size of your preference.