When either party (or both parties) cannot be heard on the phone call.
Typical causes range from headset hardware configuration issues to firewall restrictions. In very rare cases, the issue may stem from carrier connectivity issues with some external providers.
Steps to Resolve
- Headset Troubleshooting
- Make sure your headset is fully charged, and directly connected to your computer. If possible avoid USB Hub usage as they commonly experience issues that may cause some connectivity issues.
If you have administrative access to your router, then please also do the following:
- Disable SIP ALG
- Run the Kixie Networking Diagnostic
- Whitelist the IPs: Ports listed here: Network and Firewall Setup
- Contact your ISP for assistance mentioning that you’re experiencing one-way VOIP audio and need help configuring your router’s firewall. They should provide some troubleshooting steps.
- Persistent issues may be carrier related so please reach out to Kixie Customer Support or contact your account manager.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Archived Call Recordings: Error 403 Forbidden
- Audio Troubleshooting: Experiencing Call Quality Issues? Can't Hear Ring Audio?
- Call Drops
- Choppy Voice
- Common Microphone Issue with Mac Computers
- Common Microphone Issue with Windows Computers
- Common Microphone Issues
- Delayed Audio
- Error: Incompatible SDP Error