When either party of a call (or both party) cannot be heard on the call.
Typical causes range from headset hardware configuration issues to firewall restrictions. In very rare cases, the issue may stem from carrier connectivity issues with some external providers.
Steps to Resolve
- Headset Troubleshooting
- Win: https://support.kixie.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007701413-Setting-Up-My-Headset-in-Windows
- Mac: https://support.kixie.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012323114-Common-Microphone-Issue-with-Mac-Computers
- Make sure your headset is fully charged, and directly connected to your computer. If possible avoid USB Hub usage as they commonly experience issues that may cause some connectivity issues.
If you have administrative access to your router, then please also do the following:
- Disable SIP ALG
- Whitelist the IPs: Ports listed here: https://support.kixie.com/hc/en-us/articles/222788988-Network-and-Firewall-Setup-for-Kixie
- Contact your ISP for assistance mentioning that you’re experiencing one-way VOIP audio and need help configuring your router’s firewall. They should provide some troubleshooting steps.
- Contact Support@kixie.com. There may be a carrier issue there may be an external carrier issue.