Connected Calls that abruptly disconnect without notice.
Call drops mainly occur from poor networking conditions. Mostly frequently caused by poor WIFI connectivity, they may also be caused by firewall restrictions. In some rare occurrences, server or carrier issues may cause call drops.
Steps to Resolve
- Run the Kixie Networking Diagnostic
- If connected to WIFI, connect via ethernet. Poor WIFI connectivity
If you have administrative access to your router, then please also do the following:
- Disable SIP ALG
- Whitelist the IPs: Ports listed here: https://support.kixie.com/hc/en-us/articles/222788988-Network-and-Firewall-Setup-for-Kixie
- Purchase adequate networking hardware to support your internet usage with maximum throughput.
- Contact Support@kixie.com. There may be a carrier issue causing the echo you experience.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Experiencing Call Quality Issues?
- Ideal Conditions for the Kixie Dialer
- Kixie PowerCall Dialer Audio Settings
- Network and Firewall Setup for Kixie
- What kind of headsets are recommended for Kixie?
- Archived Call Recordings: Error 403 Forbidden
- Call Drops
- Choppy Voice
- Common Microphone Issue with Mac Computers
- Common Microphone Issue with Windows Computers