Connected Calls that abruptly disconnect without notice.
Call drops mainly occur from poor networking conditions. Mostly frequently caused by poor WIFI connectivity, they may also be caused by firewall restrictions. In some rare occurrences, server or carrier issues may cause call drops.
Steps to Resolve
- If connected to WIFI, connect via ethernet. Poor WIFI connectivity can affect call stability issues
- Make sure your internet speeds are at a minimum of 40 Mbps Download and 10 Mbps Upload
- Try another internet connection to see if that helps stabilize your calls
If you have administrative access to your router, then please also do the following:
- Disable SIP ALG
- Whitelist the IPs: Ports listed here: https://support.kixie.com/hc/en-us/articles/222788988-Network-and-Firewall-Setup-for-Kixie
- Purchase adequate networking hardware to support your internet usage with maximum throughput.
- Contact Support@kixie.com. There may be a carrier issue causing the echo you experience.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Archived Call Recordings: Error 403 Forbidden
- Audio Troubleshooting: Experiencing Call Quality Issues? Can't Hear Ring Audio?
- Call Drops
- Choppy Voice
- Common Microphone Issue with Mac Computers
- Common Microphone Issue with Windows Computers
- Common Microphone Issues
- Delayed Audio
- Error: Incompatible SDP Error