How Can I Migrate My Existing Phone Number Data to New Custom Fields Containing Phone?
We can do this with a Hubspot workflow. In this example, I'll arbitrarily call the phone fields Old Custom Field and New Custom Phone Field
- Create a new property in Hubspot containing "phone" in the name (see above for example). We'll make a new field called New Custom Phone Field.
- Start a new Contact-based Hubspot workflow from scratch.
- Under Trigger, set the enrollment trigger to Contact Properties > select the name of your old field > trigger when the field is known. For our example, we'll select the Old Custom Field > is known.
- Before saving, click the Re-enrollment tab, check Allow Contacts who Meet the Trigger Criteria to ReEnroll and check (your old field name) Old Custom Field is known
- As the action, select Copy Property Value from Old Custom Field to New Custom Phone Field
- When prompted, manually enroll all existing contacts in the workflow.
- All phone numbers listed in the Old Custom Field should now be copied to the New Custom Phone Field.