Note: Kixie cannot provide support for programming or troubleshooting deskphones, due to the role that your internal network plays in successful programming and maintenance. Please see here for guidelines on network/firewall setup to ensure you have the proper network setup for your Kixie-configured deskphones to work. Please be aware that Kixie cannot add Hold Music through your desk phone.
STEPS TO COMPLETE BEFORE PROGRAMMING
Before you start, be sure to collect the following information from the User Profile you intend to setup with a desk phone:
- On the Kixie.com Dashboard, under Manage > Agents, select View on the agent you wish to setup with a desk phone.
- Select Devices and Routing > Kixie Devices > Add Kixie Desk > Confirm
- Select the 'Key icon' by the Desk Phone to display the Desk Phone credentials at the bottom of the page
- Make a note of the User and Pass information, shown in the image below:
*Do note that to use a Deskphone with Kixie the user must be on an Enterprise level account*
STEPS TO PROGRAM A GRANDSTREAM SIP PHONE FOR A KIXIE USER:
- FACTORY RESET PHONE
- Plug in the phone and factory reset it by holding down the OK button on the phone.
- LOG INTO THE PHONE WEB CONFIGURATION PORTAL:
- Get the phone's IP address by pressing "OK" on the phone's interface.
- Enter the IP address into your computer browser, making sure the computer is on the same internet network as the phone.
- if the IP address does not work (site can't be reached), then try entering https:// or http:// before the IP address, i.e. https://192.168.1.1, click advanced, and then proceed to the site anyway.
- Once you have entered the configuration panel, select General Settings on the panel on the left and select Account on the menu at the top of the page and complete the following fields:
- Account Active: Checked
- Account Name Enter a name of your choice (it can be your name or company name)
- SIP Server: phone.plivo.com
- SIP User ID: enter the unique User of the device that you just added in the "Steps to Complete Before Provisioning"
- SIP Authenticate ID: enter the unique User of the device that you just added in the "Steps to Complete Before Provisioning"
- SIP Authenticate Password: enter the unique Pass of the device that you just added in the "Steps to Complete Before Provisioning"
- Voice Mail UserID: *97
TEST A CALL:
- Test Outbound: Pick up the phone and dial out to a number
- Test Inbound: Use another device (e.g. cell phone) to call this Kixie user's direct number
- Please ensure that the desk phone is selected under Devices to Ring in the Kixie.com dashboard (Manage > Agent > View > Devices and Routing)
Note: if you've done the above steps and still manual outbound calls don't seem to be dialing...
- Change the local SIP port in Settings->SIP (it must be a unique number to the phone above 50600), and retest
- Under the Account tab, change the transport from UDP to TCP, and hit confirm, and retest
- Upgrade the phone's firmware under the settings tab->upgrade, recheck step #11 once done, and retest
- Please see here for guidelines on network/firewall setup to ensure you have the proper setup for your Kixie-configured deskphones to work.
- Name: Enter a name of your choice (it can be your name or company name)