Delayed audio most frequently appears when parties begin speaking over each other.
Typically caused by increased call latency. This can stem from the geographic distance of the parties but also frequently occurs with poor networking conditions. May also be caused by headset connectivity issues.
Steps to Resolve
- Headset Troubleshooting
- Win: https://support.kixie.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007701413-Setting-Up-My-Headset-in-Windows
- Mac: https://support.kixie.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012323114-Common-Microphone-Issue-with-Mac-Computers
- Bluetooth may be the cause of delayed audio. If possible, disable Bluetooth and use the USB connection to see if the delay improves.
- Make sure your headset is fully charged, and directly connected to your computer. If possible avoid USB Hub usage as they commonly experience issues that may cause echo.
- Test Your Networking Throughput
- Purpose: While a ping test evaluates networking conditions for a small snapshot of time, it does not verify the entire network performance while it may be under heavy usage - . Throughput essentially is the average network performance including peak usage.
If you have administrative access to your router, then please also do the following:
- Disable SIP ALG
- Whitelist the IPs: Ports listed here: https://support.kixie.com/hc/en-us/articles/222788988-Network-and-Firewall-Setup-for-Kixie
- Contact Your ISP mentioning that your Jitter and/or Latency is exceedingly high. They should provide some troubleshooting steps.
- Purchase adequate networking hardware to support your internet usage.
- Contact Support@kixie.com. There may be a carrier issue causing the echo you experience.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Audio Troubleshooting: Experiencing Call Quality Issues? Can't Hear Ring Audio?
- Ideal Conditions for the Kixie Dialer
- Kixie PowerCall Dialer Audio Settings
- Network and Firewall Setup for Kixie
- What kind of headsets are recommended for Kixie?
- Archived Call Recordings: Error 403 Forbidden
- Call Drops
- Choppy Voice
- Common Microphone Issue with Mac Computers
- Common Microphone Issue with Windows Computers