Note: Kixie cannot provide support for programming or troubleshooting deskphones, due to the role that your internal network plays in successful programming and maintenance. Please see here for guidelines on network/firewall setup to ensure you have the proper network setup for your Kixie-configured deskphones to work. Please be aware that Kixie cannot add Hold Music through your desk phone.
STEPS TO COMPLETE BEFORE PROGRAMMING
Before you start, be sure to collect the following information from the User Profile you intend to setup with a desk phone:
- On the Kixie.com Dashboard, under Manage > Agents, select View on the agent you wish to setup with a desk phone.
- Select Devices and Routing > Add Kixie Device > Desk Phone
- Select the Edit button by the Desk Phone to see the Desk Phone credentials
- Make a note of the User and Pass information, shown in image below:
*Do note that to use a Deskphone with Kixie the user must be on an Enterprise level account*
STEPS TO PROGRAM A YEALINK SIP PHONE FOR A KIXIE USER:
- FACTORY RESET PHONE
- Plug in the phone and factory reset it by holding down the OK button on the phone.
- LOG INTO THE PHONE WEB CONFIGURATION PORTAL:
- Get the phone's IP address by pressing "OK" on the phone's interface.
- Enter the IP address into your computer browser, making sure the computer is on the same internet network as the phone.
- if the IP address does not work (site can't be reached), then try entering https:// or http:// before the IP address, i.e. https://192.168.1.1, click advanced, and then proceed to the site anyway.
- Phone Portal Username: admin
- Phone Portal Password: admin
- UNDER THE ACCOUNT TAB:
- Line 1: Enabled
- Label and Display Name: optionally, enter the extension of the user's Kixie account (i.e. 101, 102, etc.)
- Register Name: enter the unique User of the device that you just added in the "Steps to Complete Before Provisioning"
- Username: enter the unique User of the device that you just added in the "Steps to Complete Before Provisioning"
- Password: enter the unique Pass of the device that you just added in the "Steps to Complete Before Provisioning"
- Sip Server 1: enter phone.plivo.com
- In Sip Server 1 Port: change to 5060
- Change SIP Server 1's "Server Expires" to: 3600
- Sip Server 2: Leave Blank
- Outbound Proxy Server: Disabled
- Press Confirm (it should now say "Register Status: Registered")
- IN SETTINGS TAB:
- Select SIP (for most Yealinks) enter in a unique local sip port that is above 50600. Example: for the first phone you provision, enter 50601; for your second, you will use 50602, etc. All phones on the network should have unique local SIP ports.
- Press Confirm.
TEST A CALL:
- Test Outbound: Pick up the phone and dial out to a number
- Test Inbound: Use another device (e.g. cell phone) to call this Kixie user's direct number
- Please ensure that the desk phone is selected under Devices to Ring in the Kixie.com dashboard (Manage > Agent > View > Devices and Routing)
Note: if you've done the above steps and still manual outbound calls don't seem to be dialing...
- Change the local SIP port in Settings->SIP (it must be a unique number to the phone above 50600), and retest
- Under the Account tab, change the transport from UDP to TCP, and hit confirm, and retest
- Upgrade the phone's firmware under the settings tab->upgrade, recheck step #11 once done, and retest
- Please see here for guidelines on network/firewall setup to ensure you have the proper setup for your Kixie-configured deskphones to work.
- Also see here for how to transfer calls using your deskphone. Please bear in mind that transfer functionality is limited on Kixie's platform.