OPTION 1 - The Direct Transfer Method (transferring/3-way calling only to internal Kixie users) also known as a "Hot Transfer"
1. Open up the Directory in Kixie PowerCall, and if an agent is available (blue circle), you can click the blue arrow to initiate a transfer to them. Please note: the agent must appear blue ("Available") in the directory to receive a call transfer.
2. You'll then see a green "Transfer in Progress" banner. You must wait for the transferee to pick up before you hangup; there are no direct transfers to voicemail.
OPTION 2 - The Hold Transfer Method (for transferring/3-way calling to non-Kixie phone numbers) also known as a "Cold Transfer"
1. Press the "Hold" button. The call will go on hold, and you will see "Held Call 1" appear at the bottom.
2. Then dial the phone number of the person (e.g. +14248003332) you want to transfer to. You must wait for the transferee to pick up, there are no transfers to voicemail.
- If you cannot reach the first person you want to transfer to, you can hang up and try other extensions/numbers. The customer will remain on hold as you do.
3. When you have connected with the person you want to transfer to, click on the "Held Call 1" button, which joins (merges) all 3 parties into a conference.
4. Hangup to leave the conference and complete the transfer.
Was this article helpful?
27 out of 38 found this helpful
Articles in this section
- What is Kixie ConnectionBoost?
- How to Transfer / Conference 3-Way Call Using the Kixie Dialer for Chrome
- Understanding the Kixie Directory
- How do I change my outbound caller ID phone number?
- How Local Presence Dialing Works
- Voicemail Drop: How Does Voicemail Drop ( VM Drop ) Work?
- How does Progressive CallerID work?
- Kixie Connect: How to use your cell phone or existing phone service with Kixie
- What Does DND (Do Not Disturb) Do?
- Advanced Tips, Tricks, and Helpful Hints for Using the Kixie PowerCall Dialer