Kixie Connect lets you adjust your dialing device to an external phone number (like your cellphone or desk phone).
This is very useful when you want to place a call using click-to-dial but don't have an ideal WiFi connection; or you simply prefer to use a certain non-Kixie device to make calls, and still want to be able to utilize voicemail drops and sms templates with Kixie.
What is a Dialing Device?
- A dialing device is the device through which Kixie will place the call whenever you click-to-call () or click Start Call on the Kixie PowerCall.
- Your Dialing Device can be set inside the Kixie PowerCall settings->Set Dialing Device.
- By default, the dialing device is the Kixie PowerCall itself.
- However, you can also set your dialing device to
- your Kixie-provisioned deskphone or
- an external phone number like your cellphone (Kixie Connect)
How to Set Your Dialing Device?
- How to Add A New External Device (Like Your Cellphone Number) to Your Agent Account
- Inside the Kixie.com dashboard, go to My Profile > Devices & Routing > Forward Devices, and click Add Number to add a call forwarding device.
- Navigate to Inbound Call Flow, and turn on Enable Forwarding
- Click Save to save your changes
What happens when I change my Dialing device to an external number, and place a call?
- Kixie rings your external number.
- You pick up the phone and you'll hear it dialing out to the number you are calling.
- Kixie automatically logs the call with a recording, like it normally does.
- Note- This call is a 3-way call and you will be charged for 2 legs of the call. The call to your external device and the call to your customer.
If you wish to make any changes or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (855) 50-KIXIE.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- What is Kixie ConnectionBoost?
- How to Transfer / Conference 3-Way Call Using the Kixie Dialer for Chrome
- Understanding the Kixie Directory
- Kixie PowerCall Hotkeys / Shortcut Keys
- How do I change my outbound caller ID phone number?
- How Local Presence Dialing Works
- How does Progressive CallerID work?
- Selecting Call to Dispose
- Advanced Tips, Tricks, and Helpful Hints for Using the Kixie PowerCall Dialer
- Kixie Connect: How to use your cellphone or existing phone service with Kixie